This is for day 4 and 5. Sorry about yesterday.
1. Our garden: Keep reading and you will find out why
2. Kale: Need I say more? It is a magnificent superfood that taste good and can be prepared in so many ways.
3. Tomatoes: Cherry, roma, Cherokee, Willamette, they are all so good. We have hundreds of tomatoes. I just need the weather to cool down so we can make soup with them.
4. Our chickens: They give us eggs, really good eggs. More than that, like other animals they are very peaceful to talk to and be around. which leads me to the next point.
5. Meditation: I have really come to appreciate the few minutes a day where I reconnect with the important things and remove the toxic thoughts from my mind. This benefits me in many ways.
6. Wind: The cool breeze brings back fond memories. It is as though these memories travel in the wind. I always stop and breath when I am accompanied by a gentle breeze.
7. Close to the Edge: a wonderful 20 minute piece by the progressive rock band “Yes.” This incredible piece is one of my all time favorites. Very soothing, thought provoking even.
8. Garage Sales: some people shy away. I got $100 worth of drafting pens for $2. Back to the drawing board (ba dun, tischhh)
9. A bed to sleep in tonight: Because not all have one. One day I might not. For now I am thankful for the one I have and I intend on spending the next 7 hours in it.